GBC Day 2, 6 days away from First Practice of the Season!

Today I got a good lift in with some of my teammates at Alma College. I trained with Jared(174), Matt(157), Foley(125), Frank(141), Case(133) and Paul(184). Today was Paul's first day getting into the weight room with us and he did great. He said and I quote, "Fletch man, some of these lifts make me feel like my bones are going to explode." I responded with, "Go lighter, you'll be fine." These men have some awesome potential, I can really see some future NCAA ALL-Americans coming out of the small school of 1,300 students. Everyone is getting stronger too. It's nice to pass the knowledge along, I feel if I can contribute to making my teammates strong as hell, then hell why not! In wrestling, it's about technique, strength, conditioning, and mental toughness. This workout we hit today, challenged all four of the aspects, not exactly on the mat, but in training that has amazing carryover for wrestlers/grapplers/MMA fighters. Here was the workout.
This is a classic German Body Composition Workout from the Great Charles Poliquin:
I decided to bust this out the week before practice started to help raise the muscular endurance, and burn some body fat. We didn't make it through all the sets because I spent a lot of time helping guys with technique and answering questions.

Needless to say, I'm sore. That is all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1/4 squats, 1/4 results

Fitness Tip # 3

Nutritional Density!